Monday, January 19, 2009



The buzz word around libraries at the minute is Web 2.0. I know many of my colleagues embarked on this process many months ago - and now it is my turn!

So while I can't say I am completely new to the whole internet thing - OK, I admit it: I'm on Facebook and My Space, I have a flickr account, I post to message boards (irregularly, granted), I even met my husband in a roundabout-way through an email list group - so I know the power and far-reaching capabilities of the world wide web - but I can't say I have fully realised (or thought too hard about to be honest) the impact it can and is having on the library world.

I am hoping that by imbarking on this New South Wales Public Libraries Learning 2.0 program that will all change, and I will be introduced to many new things, along with furthering my knowledge of those things I have merely dabbled in.

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear about all your experience - you may be able to help others in their learning process as well (and the Flickr week will be really easy for you).

    It would be great to read what you think are the implications for libraries.

    Ellen (PLS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may get to a point where the library spends as much time and effort referring patrons to Websites which meet their information needs as we do collecting and organisisng information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah.

    I saw some interesting websites yesterday up in Lithgow. When your are here next we can look at them a way of maintaining our impetus to using web 2.0.

    ReplyDelete